Daniel and I were going to go to lunch today. He called me and said we had to go at 12. I was SO excited! I got all cute wore my best outfit did my makeup really well and even matched my eye shadow to my shirt. I was looking and feeling good! We were going to go to Chipotle. Love the place... I packed Brighton some avocado in a bowl with a spoon and we were off.
While we were on our way to pick Daniel up he calls me
Daniel~ Don't leave for 15 more minutes
Me~ I have already left, I will just wait for you in the parking lot.
Daniel~ okay that will work
I drive over there I wait for 15 min, then 20, then 25... Daniel finally calls me
Daniel~ Why don't you just go without me and I will try and meet you there
Me~ I am in the parking lot how long are you going to be?
Daniel~ I don't know... I don't think I can go
Me~ Well you have to eat
Daniel~ They just put me on something I have to get done and I don't know how long it will take me. Just go without me and I will try to meet up with you
Me~ It's okay just Don't worry about it
So... I left the parking lot, I am not going to lie, I was pretty sad and even got a little teary eyed.
But I didn't want to have a pitty party. So Bright and I decided to keep what was planned and got to Chipotle. I felt a little dumb being there during the lunch rush, with just Brighton and I but whatever. I ate my yummy chicken burrito and Bright had his avocado.
I have talked to a few banker wife's and read some stuff and they all say the hardest part about being married to or being an Investment Banker (harder than the hours) is that they can never promise to be anywhere or plan anything cause they never know when work will be emailing or getting assigned to something new.
Reality has set in a little more today, next time I will wait to post on Facebook I am going to lunch with the hubby.

6 comments:
oh you poor thing!! That would be sad! Hopefully you'll be able to get that lunch date in soon! :)
Oh bummer. I would have cried too. I guess we just have to push through the tough stuff to get the good stuff at the end! :)
I'm sorry Steph, thats hard. you deserved a little cry, sometimes it even helps. I call it cleansing. We all need it sometimes Love ya
That is so sad. The last few weeks Mike has been extra busy at work trying to get some big accounts and has gotten home late. It's hard to have less time with him but I always thank him for working so hard for our family. I'm just glad I can be home with Miles. Mike appreciates my supportiveness and is thankful that I don't give him a guilt trip or anything. Hang in there :D
I wanna go to Chipotle with you! I'll be there in about 12 hours. Brighton is a pretty cute date if you ask me. Love you
Oh Steph! I'll be in San Fran in a month and I'll go to lunch with you. (That is as long as you pack me an avocado too).
Post a Comment